The winning projects of the schools of Geração Verdão, a campaign of Novo Verde, in partnership with the Eco-Schools Program of the Blue Flag Association of Europe, are already chosen.
Based on the implementation of this campaign, which aims to raise awareness among children and young people about the issue of waste separation, Geração Verdão presented a series of creative activities aimed at promoting the adoption of good practices in the daily lives of students and the rest of the school community.
Entitled “Geração Verdão em Circulação,” participants had the task of analyzing the life cycle of a package of their choice and presenting it in the form of a poster (kindergartens and 1st and 2nd-grade schools) or a video (3rd grade and secondary/vocational and higher education). A total of 109 works were submitted.
Among the winning projects we find the following schools:
– Externato Liceal of the House of São Vicente de Paulo (Lisbon)
– Kindergarten and EB1 Nº 1 de Arganil (Arganil)
– EB1/JI of Alquebre (Vila Nova de Gaia)
– Escola Básica e Secundária Serafim Leite (São João da Madeira)
– EB23 Dom Martinho Castelo Branco (Portimão)
– Escola Básica e Secundária Arcozelo (Ponte de Lima)
– Escola Superior de Tecnologia da Saúde de Lisboa (Lisbon).
All schools will receive a voucher for €200 to purchase materials and equipment for their activities.
Filipa Moita, Novo Verde’s PR Manager, summarizes, “These activities have proven to be very useful as they make students look at packaging from a different perspective, analyzing the stages of its life cycle and its impact on resource management. We believe that education and outreach initiatives are fundamental to the circular economy so that the children and young people of today and by this the adults of tomorrow have an active voice on the protection of our planet.”